Register your IBB Maestro Debit Card for online shopping
You already enter a PIN when you buy something in a shop, now you can have the same level of security when shopping online. Once you have signed up you will be asked to enter your SecureCode and check your personal greeting before completing the purchase with a participating retailer.
What do I need to do?
You can register your IBB Maestro Debit Card now or alternatively, you will be prompted while shopping online at a participating retailer.
Read more about Fraud Awareness when using your IBB Maestro Debit Card.
How it works
Every time you use your card for online purchases with participating companies, you'll be asked to confirm the purchase by entering your unique password on a secure and completely confidential pop-up screen.
If you haven't already registered and are shopping at participating retailers you will be given a limited number of opportunities to register your IBB Maestro Debit Card before making a purchase. So please register when requested to do so.
If you are already registered you will be asked for your SecureCode during the purchasing process. Don't forget to check that your personal greeting is also correct.
You may not be asked for your SecureCode details when making a purchase as not all retailers are registered with the scheme. If this is the case please follow the normal checkout process.
Be safe online
- Make sure your PC has up to date anti-virus software and firewall installed.
- Look for the padlock or unbroken key symbol; this will indicate a secure website.
- Register your card with MasterCard Securecode.
- Enter the website address into your web browser. Never go to websites from a link in an email to enter personal details.
- Always log out after shopping online and save the purchase confirmation as evidence of the purchase.